Life 103

Wednesday, April 23, 2008


It’s been decided. The housing deposit is paid. The financial aid package is signed. She has a student ID number. Our firstborn is going to SPU next fall. Her goal is to become a registered nurse and start a free clinic in India or Africa for mommies and babies. If she is half as determined to do that as she was to get Steve to take her to Fred Meyer this evening, she’ll have no worries. :) We're very proud. She's an amazing girl; beautiful inside and out.


Last week I had the pleasure of attending GFU’s Mr. Bruin Contest. The sophomore boys donated everything they raised from the silent auction to Faith in Action so I got to be present to plug the program and accept the check. I must say, Mr. Jay Miller makes a very…well…how should I say…I’m not sure if I can…actually, um…As Esmeralda, he was stunning. And I don’t mean in a good way. Jay was fine (although his hairy armpits weren’t) but as Sarah Baldwin said to one of the others, “There’s a line. And you were over it.” I wonder what the students at SPU do for fun. Hopefully what happens at SPU, stays at SPU.
Thus we enter a new chapter, again seeking new ways to care for and pray over our kids who grew up too fast, who have made us appear to be great parents, and who are both wonderful human beings.
(I leave out all the other stuff about raising kids because, well, my kids can read. We all know Steve & I aren't perfect parents and there's no sense in belaboring that fact.)

5 Comments:

  • What I'm not a prefect parent. This is the first I heard about it.

    All I can say is that we can't be old enough to have a kid in college. I'm not sure what happened.

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:14 PM, April 24, 2008  

  • Perfect doesn't sound like much fun anyway, and you did it right despite what you may think. Both kids are great and such fun company.
    Kay

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 PM, April 26, 2008  

  • Sorry Steve, the truth hurts and I know you don't want to hear it from me. :) And Kay, fortunately, kids are resilient!

    By Blogger kathy, at 3:48 PM, April 28, 2008  

  • Wasn't it just yesterday I was sitting in a chair in your hospital room meeting her for the first time?? I could've sworn it was yesterday. Perfect or not, you and Steve are pretty good role models. I just hope I can be half the parent you are!!

    By Blogger TigerGirlC, at 11:11 PM, April 29, 2008  

  • I'm just glad that part of God's design was to make children resilient.

    And C, you're doing a great job with your kiddos. They will never doubt that their parents love them and that's half way to solving all of the world's problems.

    By Blogger kathy, at 6:36 AM, April 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home