Life 103

Sunday, October 22, 2006

autumn


122_2275
Originally uploaded by kjwatson103.
Friday after work I wandered around town taking pictures of the fall colors with new photo cards for the hospital gift shop in mind. Some of the trees are absolutely spectacular this week. They've turned and not yet been rained on.

All the while, I've been thinking about how to share my journey with my small group this year. Our LL small groups always start the year with an opportunity for each member to share some of their story. My life facts are a little boring. What lies under the surface is deeply personal, full of contradictions, and more than a little jumbled. Two years ago, I risked it and let people see below the surface. Last year I stuck to the facts - played it safe. I have until Tuesday to decide. Two more days of sitting on the fence...

2 Comments:

  • And how did it go? Did the old adage, "you get out what you put into it" come true? Or are you still reaping bitter fruit from what you had sown the year before?

    I personally find that worship sharing (just another form of small group work) works much better if at least one person really goes deep to answer the queries - it encourages others to respond in kind and we all get more out of it.

    Good luck with your discernment and God be with you.

    By Blogger Robin M., at 2:24 PM, October 23, 2006  

  • Yes, I think taking the easy route last year did impact the group - my relationship with it, if nothing else.

    This time I am feeling challenged by this persistent thought: Am I willing to be as open as God asks me to be, even if someone else in the group remains silent, guarded, or seemingly distant? I want to get past my natural tendency to pull back when I feel others doing the same. More than my chronological story, I’m feeling compelled to share where I am at “this point in time.” It’s a little about where I came from but more about where I’m going.

    By Blogger kathy, at 6:31 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home