Life 103

Monday, November 12, 2007

a hope and a future

Gregg has mentioned the temple our India Team visited more than once and the stark contrast between God as I know him and the gods worshipped in India always shocks me. How convenient that women should pay penance and men should worship through temple prostitution.

Yesterday as Gregg spoke and showed his pictures again of a woman laying face down on the equivalent of Pioneer Courthouse Square trying to get a mean spirited goddess off her back, I thought what a wonderful thing this really is: “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jer. 29:11).

2 Comments:

  • Kathy, that would have been a great text to use! Thanks for posting it here, and next time, feel free to share it with us in open worship... :)

    By Blogger Gregg Koskela, at 8:16 AM, November 13, 2007  

  • Maybe next time. I actually spent more time thinking about the mechanics of how real change/redemption actually happen, what happens when God gets tired of me whining about the same things year after year, and wondering if it's my 'coping skills' that are giving the things I put to death CPR. I wasn't going to stand up and say THAT!

    I loved how you reminded us that God doesn't make the wrongs done us disappear but, rather, pours out beauty and love over us and sings over us. That's great but...some things aren't that magically fixed.

    By Blogger kathy, at 4:48 PM, November 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home