Life 103

Thursday, October 18, 2007

before....after

This is what my neighbor's barn looked like last spring and for as long as I can remember. Long before I was born it was built by the Nelson brothers, one of whom was my grandfather...












This is what it looks like as of 2:30 yesterday afternoon when it was hit by a twister. Yes, a twister. Here in Oregon. Another neighbor who works at home and lost some trees too said last he saw it, it was headed north. Our landscape has changed immeasurably, forever. It's a sad day...

2 Comments:

  • Wow!

    That was a special little barn. I'm sorry for your loss. But at the same time it's kind of a cool way to go down! A twister... In our little valley?

    Good thing you have the "before" picture to keep the memory alive!

    By Blogger Mike, at 11:01 PM, October 18, 2007  

  • Thanks Mike. It is a cool way to go, now that you mention it. :)

    By Blogger kathy, at 6:53 AM, October 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home