Life 103

Saturday, June 09, 2007



I'm surrounded by the most incredible kids. Mostly I went to school with their parents. We stair-stepped our babies such that we'll be celebrating someone's graduation together for the next 6 years in a row. As the first ones graduate this year, I get to watch them seriously dating for the first time, leaving for the Marines, and making plans for college; after having wrecked their parent's cars and eaten them out of house and home. Our families have gone camping, swimming, bowling, bungee jumping (not me, I watched), hiking, biking, and boating together. We've eaten holiday meals together and always overstay at each other's homes. As their parents, we have compared notes sometimes into the wee hours of night, laughed long and hard, and occasionally cried together.

One graduate was his class president. He's been bigger than me for at least 6 years now. I taught the C.S. Lewis valedictorian how to sew. One has followed her heart to the third world and back twice. One is destined to change the way the world thinks. They are great kids, these friends of mine, and I couldn't be more proud.

Congratulations...
Adam David Andres
Lindley Jo King
Jonathan Forrest Moreland
Lauren Elaine Snow
Jana L'Rae Watson


As the leaders of both today and tomorrow, I have no doubt that the world is in good hands.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home