Life 103

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

pins and needles

Once upon a time, I wrote in my journal that the problem with living too close to the line is that when something happens, you’re over the edge in no time flat. It’s usually a migraine that shoves me over the edge about five times a year. After the last one I started seeing a naturopathic physician to find out what else could be done. Last week our attempts failed and when my prescriptions failed again too, I called her. On Thursday she rushed me in, settled me in an over-stuffed black recliner and for the first time in my somewhat skeptical life, I tried acupuncture.

I’m here to say that within two hours I felt my spirits lift, the pressure inside my head significantly diminished, and I could multi-task once again. The next day noise still bothered me a little but I no longer felt the urge to shush everyone around me. By Monday I was tiptop, feeling quite relieved and extremely grateful that what is normally a two to four week ordeal for me was cut so amazingly short. I'm a believer.

To answer everyone’s first question: No, it didn’t hurt.

3 Comments:

  • Hurrah Hurrah for no more pain! Do you think they do calls in the labor and delivery ward? :)

    By Blogger Aj Schwanz, at 12:42 PM, April 24, 2007  

  • I've never tried it, but I keep hearing good things. Congratulations on being brave enough to accept help from an unfamiliar source.

    and what a cute picture of aj!

    By Blogger Robin M., at 11:47 PM, April 24, 2007  

  • Thanks guys. I'll ask about delivery ward visits at my next appointment! It would not surprise me if she said she'd do it. Whether or not your Ob/Gyn would let her is another issue.

    Very cute picture Aj. JJ is growing!

    By Blogger kathy, at 6:17 AM, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home